1. How do you know if you need to replace your roof?
There are a number of factors to take into consideration when deciding if you should replace your roof.
- Are there water stains on your interior ceilings and walls or any exterior surfaces?
- Does your current roof have missing, cracked or curled shingles?
- Is there any missing or split cedar?
- Are granules washing out of your eavestroughs?
- Is there a build-up of algae on your roof?
- Are any slate tiles sliding out of position?
- Can you see outside light on the underside of your roof deck?
- Is there a deflection in your roof structure?
2. Is repairing your roof instead of entirely replacing it an option?
Depending on the severity, location and size of your roof damage, a repair job may be an option for you. Keating Roofing & Exterior Contractors have repaired and extended the life of many roofs over the years.
3. How do you replace your roof?
If you have made the decision to replace your roof but aren’t sure where to start or have had a roof replaced before but are not up to date on the latest products and procedures, Keating Roofing & Exterior Contractors is the best roofing company in Toronto to assist you through the process. The most critical thing in ensuring your roof is replaced successfully is choosing a professional and experienced contractor. When shopping around for a roof contractor, disregard anyone who will not provide you with adequate time to discuss your project in detail. (refer to “How to select a contractor” in the education section).
4. Why Keating Roofing & Exterior Contractors should be replacing your Toronto roof?
- The Keating family has been growing their roofing business by providing the highest level of workmanship and exemplary customer service for three generations. Home and building owners can feel confident placing their time and money into a company that invests in itself.
- Keating has strategically worked with all the major North American product manufacturers. Over the years we have selected and identified the top quality products and manufacturers in order to provide the longest lasting results for our customers
- We carry the highest level of roofing industry manufacturer training. Only 2% of North American companies fall into this ranking. We are proud to continually educate and train ourselves so we can incorporate products made for today’s market into homes and buildings of yesterday.
5. What roofing product styles and options are available?
When selecting roofing shingles, as with any other major purchase, it is important to investigate your options carefully. Take time to comparison shop, weigh the costs against features and benefits desired and consider the longevity of varying products.
- Certainteed is one manufacturer we have chosen to work with exclusively for many reasons. Their products are asphalt and synthetic based. The asphalt comes in a variety of grades and life expectancies and have a long life expectancy ranging from 20-50 years. Certainteed manufactures 14 different shingle styles ranging from a three tab traditional shingle to an architectural series all the way up to synthetic slate. These products provide a classic or contemporary touch to your property and are available in a wide range of colours to complement your home’s architectural design.
- We offer a variety of sizes and finishes of cedar shake shingles from the highest quality mills in British Columbia.
- Another great alternative is metal roofing (see more in the metal roofing section)
Call the Toronto roofing professionals at Keating Roofing & Exterior Contractors today at 905-270-4100 or fill out our online estimate form to learn more about roof replacement versus repairing and what styles and options are available to you.